Consumer Sathi is an online portal that helps you with every issue related to consumer rights. We believe that everyone deserves a fair chance of justice and access to effective and clear guidance to help deal with the legalities related to consumer rights complaint.
Consumer Sathi is a skilled and fierce team of people who have years of experience dealing with all kinds of issues related to consumer rights. The skilled and experienced team of Consumer Sathi will help you at every step to make sure your complaint gets resolved.
We are with you every step of the way from filing a complaint to filing a legal notice; we’re with you till the time you’re not appeased.
Our online forum has every information related to consumer rights regulatory agency, consumer protection laws, consumer court India, the procedure to file a complaint in consumer court, among others.
Before filing a complaint, one must understand all nitty-gritty of the procedure to file a complaint in consumer court. Our team of experts has created this simple list for consumer rights complaint procedure for your ease of understandability-
Before you start filing any complaint in the consumer court, you must make sure that you have all the required documents ready with you:
- Bill or invoice of the purchase
- SLA for services or Warranty card for purchase(Optional)
- Proof of payment if payment is done through cheque or credit card statement(Optional)
- Any other proof of record where you can show the negligence or misbehavior by the company
- The registered address of the company(this can be retrieved from their website)
In case you do not have the bill of purchase, then there’s no need to worry. Once your case has reached the court you can apply for the bill and the court would assign someone to retrieve the bill from the company ledger or based on the serial number of the product you’ve purchased.
Once you’ve gathered all the documents, it is time to notify the company about your grievances. Write a detailed notice stating all your issues on an A4 regular size page, signed by you and then sent by post to the registered address of the company.
Make sure that in your notice while making demands, you give multiple options to the company.
Please give special attention to writing ‘ acknowledgment due’ with a post to make sure you have the legal proof that the company has received your notice.
Now comes the tricky part of finally filing the complaint-
- Along with your complaint and the affidavit, attach a list of documents you’re submitting for the complaint. Attach all the ‘documentation’ (photocopy) along with the complaint.
- Approach a notary to get your complaint file an affidavit notarized.
- Make five copies of the complaint about court proceedings.
- Prepare a Demand Draft (DD) to pay for the court fee. (Every judiciary has different fee structure)
Once you’ve submitted the fee, your complaint is officially filed. Now you need to wait for the court hearing and fight your case in the court.
If you wish to hire an advocate, then it’s beneficial, but even without an advocate, issues such as consumer complaints can be resolved.